At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- risk assessments and the need for method statements
- effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitoring site activities effectively
- timely intervention when bad practice is identified
This course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all construction managers.
The course will cover:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
Training is delivered in a classroom environment, with group interaction throughout.
Who should attend
This SSSTS course is for site supervisors are those looking to progress into a supervisory position in the near future.
Learners should hold, or be about to hold, the role of a supervisor, and must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
Where to attend
Courses are held at our training centre in Kirkcaldy.
Assessment will be by an end of course examination and the trainer review. The delegate must pass the exam and pass all three elements of the trainer review.
The assessment consists of 25 questions, a number of which are safety critical and require written answers, with the remainder being multiple choice. Delegates must achieve a score of 80% or more in order to pass the course.
£265 +VAT per person.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
Midfield Skills Development Centre
Midfield Road, Mitchelston Industrial Estate
Keep In Touch
Add your email below to be kept updated on the latest courses and offers