To provide operatives with the necessary knowledge to enable them to safely identify areas of construction where Asbestos can be commonly found. This UKATA accredited Asbestos Awareness course also informs delegates as to the health effects that Asbestos has on the body and how to protect themselves.
If this date doesn’t suit, or no open courses are running, why not consider the Asbestos Awareness (Online) course at a time that suits you? Or get in touch with the team to enquire about a closed course for your team.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify and name the common types of Asbestos found in the Construction Industry in the United Kingdom.
- Understand the health effects caused by Asbestos and how to avoid them.
- Understand the legislation relating to Asbestos in the United Kingdom.
- Understand the need for and how to interpret the Asbestos Survey/Register.
- Fully appreciate the limitations of this Asbestos Awareness Training Course.
- Identify within their own organisation who to contact should they encounter or suspect Asbestos to be present.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos as part of their job role in the workplace
Where to Attend
Open courses are delivered from Raeburn Training, Skills Development Centre, 1 Midfield Road, Kirkcaldy, KY1 3NL.
Closed courses can be delivered at either at Raeburn Training premises, or on client premises.
1/2 day course
For the successful completion of training, candidates must complete an end of course theory test which has a pass / fail criteria.
£100 +VAT per candidate.
Closed course pricing available on request.
Certificate is valid for 1-year.
Midfield Skills Development Centre
Midfield Road, Mitchelston Industrial Estate
Keep In Touch
Add your email below to be kept updated on the latest courses and offers